What better way to start the explorations of my wanderlust than with France? I love…Love…LOVE France!! My immediate thoughts of France are able to evoke all the senses… the smell of croissants baking, the sounds of Edith Piaf, the taste of fresh cheese and bread, the sight of the Eiffel Tower or a stereotypical rustic French village… I could go on and on and on. Instead, let me show you a few things that might just bring out your inner francophile!
These are my favey French reads:
- A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle
- The Olive Farm by Carol Drinkwater
- A Year in the Merde by Stephen Clarke
- Without Reservations by Alice Steinbach.
- My Life in France by Julia Child and Alex Prud-homme.
- French Feasts by Stephane Reynaud (I can’t be the only one that has a cookbook or two on my bedside table!)
- … and although I haven’t read it, I have ordered A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemmingway from my library… so that’ll be bedtime reading for a little while.
Check out the Adventurer’s Bookshelf for more information on each of these books.
- Edith Piaf (the ultimate to evoke French wist)
- Carla Bruni (who knew the French First Lady could sing?!)
- Jazz in Paris series by Verve Music Group (this series chronicles the ‘ongoing love affair’ between American Jazz Musicians & Paris… there is something about Jazz & Paris that goes hand in hand)
- Thomas Pradeau (modern French pop)
Escape to France for a couple of hours with:
- Julie & Julia
- La vie en Rose
- French Kiss
Check out the Adventurer’s Bookshelf for more information on each of these movies.
It is an indisputable fact that French cuisine is super-dooper de-looper yummy… here are a few of the recipes that I think of as iconic French…. Pair these with a nice bottle of French wine and some French tunes on the stereo and say hello to a Perfect Evening!
These are a few of my favey images… all collated on pinterest… so I have linked to the original pins.
- There are so many amazing photos of the Eiffel Tower, this is just one of my favourites.
- Lavender Fields
- I’m desperate to go to Giverny
- Colmar, Alsace
- I would like to hijack this van.
- Paris in the Spring
- Rustic Provence
- … and I think this must be one of the most magical places in the world!
- Wear a little reminder of Paris… Paris in Springtime Necklace
- Art Prints: here, here, here and here.
- Or, just go the whole hog and plaster your walls with this.
- France in the kitchen… set the table and eat up!
- French-inspired Paper love: O-check, Yellow Owl and Cavallini & Co
- Lovely Lavender
- and some inspirational crafty goodness
World Wide Web
And if that’s not enough, you could spend every spare minute surfing the net:
- Paris for foodies
- Frenchify your Life
- Paris Colour Project
- Hip Paris
- From a French Country Home in Normandy
- The Cook’s Atelier
- Lost in Cheeseland
- And a couple of bloggers who are currently living the dream! Oh, by the way, Jordan is currently running the ultimate giveaway on her blog, Oh Happy Day… a trip for two to Paris!
If you want more, you can also check out my dedicated pinterest board Viva La France!