Hello Fellow Adventurer,
This week I’ve had most of my focus at home, as we busily prepare for Lola’s second birthday and also madly patch up parts of the house as the Winter cold has really set in. As usual, I have a few lovely links for you, but mostly I want to share some things with you that have had me enchanted in my daily life.
- I can hardly believe it, but this little bubba is going to be two this Thursday. I can’t imagine my life without her. She brings a smile to my every day.
- Oh My Handmade Goodness is one of my daily reads. It’s a great mix of lovely crafts for littlies and inspirational reads for Mamas and creative women aspiring to contribute to the world.
- I’m pretty impressed with this guy right now. He installed a fire in our lounge over the weekend, so now we don’t have to walk around the house like we live in Antarctica.
- Katie Daisy makes some of my favourite inspirational art. You should check out her etsy shop. This week she had a couple of pictures on her blog from an art show she recently participated in. Her displays are just lovely.
- As I mentioned, Lola turns two on thursday. We are having a grand party for her on Saturday afternoon. I have all sorts of loveliness planned… and I hope to share it all with you next week.
- Miss Belle started eating solids a couple of weeks ago. She’s diggin’ it. Unfortunately it hasn’t helped her sleep at all, and we are still living nocturnally like bats… except, I’m pretty sure that bats sleep during the day – and we don’t do that either. Sigh.
- A lovely place to find yourself on the internet is Kyla Roma’s blog… daydreams from a handmade prairie life. This week, Kyla wrote a post suggesting a handful ideas to make life more lovely. What she calls Simple Happiness. You should have a peek.
- Lola’s hair is finally long enough to put into a little ponytail at the back. And she leaves it for almost five whole minutes before pulling it out. Exciting!
- Some of my favourite toys when I was a little girl, were my collection of Sylvanian animals and furniture. I was DELIGHTED to find that they were still around when I was pregnant with Ava. Quick confession: since my pregnancy with Ava, I have been collecting bits and pieces, looking forward to the day that I could bring them out for the girls to play with. I recently decided that Ava was old enough for them and we have been getting the toys out to play with while Lola has her afternoon nap. Last week we left them out when Lola woke up, and we discovered that she is as enchanted with them as we are!
- I have a long standing obsession with bunting. It seems to be at the forefront of my mind at the moment. Maybe it’s all the party planning? I’ve got a pretty pinboard happening with lots of bunting loveliness, if you’d like to take a look.
- That kiddo loves to dance. I must admit in this photo it kind of looks like she’s roaring like a lion… but that’s just her owning the dance floor. On the weekend Mama and I took the girls to a cafe for lunch, she heard a song she liked and just got her groove on in the middle of the dining space… you’ve got to admire that.
- Three years ago next month I had to have my gallbladder removed, as I had gallstones. (Was I the only one to think that only 70 year old women got gallstones??). It was a pretty yucky experience. I had a 5-month period from when it was diagnosed until the operation, and during that period I existed on a low-fat vegetarian diet as I knew that any type of fatty food could set off an attack, and let me tell you, there’s nothing like the prospect of severe abdominal pain to keep you on the straight and narrow! Since the weather became noticeably colder a few weeks ago I’ve been eating like a bear about to hibernate for the winter. And so I thought to commemorate my third anniversary without all my internal organs I would resume the vegetarian diet for a month or so. Not exactly enchanting I know, but I must admit I am looking forward to the challenge… I really love vegetarian dishes, and it’s always fun coming up with new recipes and inspiration in the kitchen, so expect to see some yummy vegetable mains in my Nourish posts this month!! (Image: This Paper Ship)
So tell me, what had you enchanted this past week? What inspired you? And, what are you looking forward to in the upcoming week?