I hope your weekend was lovely – and all you Mamas were spoilt rotten yesterday! My gals (with a little help!) out did themselves – I got a sleep in, yum cha for brunch… and dinner cooked for me last night! The girls also made me some sweet cards and gorgeous hand-print tiles… seriously spoilt rotten!!!
Every week I find myself explaining/apologising for why I have so many links on these lovely links posts… today, no apologising. I’m just owning it… I’m an excessive list-maker with hoarding tendancies (!!), so I don’t know why I’m always surprised at how many links I’ve collected.
Yummy Recipes to Try…
- A round-up of bread recipes.
- White Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- Mexican Lasagne
- Basil Lemonade
- The perfect ice-cream sundae
- How to Miss a Childhood
- Ideas for helping your children respect other cultures
- A post about mindful choices
- I loved this post: Find compassion for your child
- 9 skills children should learn
- A book to add to my library list… are we wringing the creativity out of our littles?
Craft and Activity Ideas for the Littles
- My gals love going to the zoo… next time we do, I’m gonna take some pics so we can try this Zoo animal hunt.
- Cute ice-block stick farm animals
- DIY animal masks
- Lessons in the art of pillow fort building (this one’s super-great!!)
- Baking soda and vinegar fizzy dino tracks (intrigued!?)
- It’s always handy to have a basic craft supply kit on hand!
- Now I know it’s still two months away, but this is a great round-up of Olympic themed crafts and activities.
- The first post of an upcoming series on how to create great natural play spaces in your backyard.
- This very sweet laundry sorting game.
And some Crafty Mama Time!
- I recently found out that one of Ava’s friend’s Mum has this great online shop full of crafty and party resources… Little Ink … I’ve already got a mental wishlist!!
- The next celebration we have, I’ll be making one of these to decorate..
- Super-cute bird hanging
- And, finally… I have always loved the idea of coming together with a group of crafty women on a regular basis and making, learning and laughing together… this post provides a step-by-step for forming a crafty collective.