Without further adieu … my lovely links for the week…
- Oh, I just loved this post on the ups and downs/ fear and excitement / worry and wonder of parenthood. (Classic Play)
- Interesting post on learning (Zen Habits)
- I really liked this post which was a thoughtful commentary on letting people get on with parenting, without judgement… There are so many different approaches to parenting. Really, as long as we are coming from a place of love, can we get it that wrong?? (The Golden Adventures of a Very Dark Horse)
- Would love to have my own ‘Mum Cave‘! (Inspired to Action)
- Lovely Childhood Memories – check out the comments for some great ones too! (Design Mom)
- As a Southern Hemispherean (!?) I always find it disheartening that we are celebrating holidays without any seasonal bearing – no white Christmas, no roasting chestnuts by an open fire etc, etc, etc… the family in this post celebrates regular holidays and then has also added some pagan celebrations to their calendar so that they can really embrace the seasons – and I love this idea!! (Owlet)
- Adding these to my library wishlist (Parenting)
Crafty Mama Time
- Barry is madly making a play kitchen out of an old tv cabinet I bought on trade-me for Lola’s birthday. I already have the next project lined up for him – to build a little playhouse in Belle’s room like the one in the picture above. Truly lovely!!!!
- If you’re not familiar with the blog, One Charming Party, you must Must MUST visit – they do the most gorgeous plans for children’s parties – literally thinking of every single detail. On their blog this week, they have a DIY for these lovely crepe paper flowers.
- If you sew clothes for your little ones, you’re bound to find this post on DIY size tags (No Big Dill) very handy!
- I constantly find myself agonising over what to do with the girls’ never-ending flow of artwork – this is the perfect solution (A Thousand Words)
- The most beautiful packaging inspiration post (Oh Hello Friend)
- Bucket List: to hold a Crafty Camp for the girls in our neighbourhood once my girls get big enough to participate… Dandee is an amazing inspiration and offering her fourth annual craft camp this (American) summer.
Craft and Activity Ideas for the Littles
- A couple of ideas for road tripping… here (Happy Family Movement) and here (The Creative Mama)
- Dinner Rituals to build family connection (Creative with Kids)
- I would love to try this project with the kids from Ava’s kindy before she starts school in October. (Apple Cyder)
- Fun! Felt Flower Pins (Paint Cut Paste)
- Butterfly Sun-Catchers (Mini Eco)
- 35 Activities for Things that Go! (Hands on as we grow)
- Great post: Art with Kids – more confidence, less mess (Tiny Twig)
- Love! Mud Pie Kitchen Inspiration (Apartment Therapy)
- Still a scary prospect, but some great tips here: How to visit Art Museums with kids (Mamascout)
- Is rhubarb a winter ingredient? It always seems that way to me, so this Rhubarb Fool & Cardamom Cream (Lottie & Doof) is perfect for the coming months!
- This blog is dangerous – the photos are SO beautiful… and these Pea Pancakes with Smoked Salmon (Cannelle et Vanille) look delicious!
- 15 Sorta Kinda Truths about Dinner (funny AND true!)
- Comfort Food: Pork Chops with Bacon and Thyme (Family Sponge)
- Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki (Elsie Marley) ..I would call these meatballs, nevertheless still looks super-yummy (plus easy and child friendly! – my favie combination!)
- Too yummy! Raspberry Lemon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake (The Artful Parent)
- Quick French Bread (Thirty Handmade Days)
Wishing you a lovely week, full of happy adventure!