So, I can’t speak French… but that doesn’t stop me from devouring every image on Emilie’s beautiful blog, Griottes
I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Mine was pretty fantastic. I spent Saturday devouring
multiple cheesecakes (don’t ask!) and yesterday I got to spend the morning with Ava at a very beautiful Butterfly birthday party, and then the afternoon with a dear friend watching Gone with the Wind on the Big Screen and drooling over her delicious baby!
Here are my favourite links from the past week…
- I came across this inspiring video while reading the Family Dinner Book blog… now I want to watch every single video in the series.
- Loved this post on encouraging passionate learning in your children.
- I find myself in this interesting place when it comes to my girls and technology. I know that I can’t hide them under a rock – they need to and will be surrounded by technology every day of their lives. That is the world we live in. But I also don’t want it to rule their lives – and I want to make sure they are not taken advantage of. This post addresses many concerns related to kids, technology and safety.
- Power of Moms is a new to me blog which has a lot of interesting content, encouraging intention in Motherhood. Each post ends with a Question and a Challenge – which is something I really like – an invitation to take action if you like.
- Two great posts over at Simple Mom this week: Do what you love and What to do when you can’t find a mentor.
- This beautifully written post had me in tears.
Crafts and Activity Ideas for the Littles
- For those entering Winter: here, here and here.
- And for those entering Summer (you lucky things *jealous!*): one, two, three, four, five, six
- This herb garden in a box is gorgeous!
- DIY Cardboard Castle
- Gardening with the littles
- DIY Constellation Jar
- A very thorough post about teaching your littles to sew
- Start a Family Book Club
- Peanut Butter Surprise Pie (Blue Eyed Bakers)
- Sour Cream Ice Cream (The Kitchn)
- Lemon Lemon Cake (Little Ink)
- Classic Lasagna (a DIY freezer meal) (Plan to Eat)
- And… these aren’t recipes… but still useful posts for feeding a family: Eating well on a budget; helping kids eat veggies; and, letting kids cook.
- Tips for taking better photos inside.
- Two posts on hosting outdoor movie nights (one I’m definitely putting on my Summer bucket list – even though that means waiting six months!!) Here and here.
- Love this! Host a swap party.
- These DIY cupcake toppers are gorgeous.
- Make your own toddler sleep sack.
Wishing you a lovely week, full of happy adventures!