Many of my favourite bloggers make a habit of posting pictures of their everyday life on a regular basis. I think perhaps the most famous for this is Amanda Soule (of SouleMama) who has started quite the trend of ‘This Moment‘ Posts – a weekly tradition of posting one photo without any narrative. Another of my favourites, Kelle Hampton does a ‘Friday Photo Dump’. I really like having a chance to see what I think of as a less-scripted look into these bloggers’ lives.
One of the reasons I started this blog was to use it as a record for my family’s story… and so I am going to start today. On the last day of each month (*hopefully – fingers crossed*) I’ll be posting a little montage of my favourite photos of our month.
I know some people who make amazing scrapbooks to keep their family memories; others are fantastic and get photos printed and display them in frames, putting the rest in beautiful albums… for now (until I am a little more organised!) this will be one of our methods of memory-keeping. Tell me, how do you record the narrative of your family life??
Oh… and a little explaining for those photos – because I have never been able to post a photo without a story!
(Clockwise from top)
- A beautiful sunset that turned everything pink earlier this week.
- You wouldn’t believe that I was trying to get a nice family photo in this shot – it looks as though family portraits will not work until the kids are all in their teens!
- Lola’s photo of Belle at MOTAT.
- Nana storytime – with Belle’s favourite book of the moment, A Lion in the Meadow
- Lola in the Victorian Village at MOTAT.