How are you? Did you have a great weekend? Despite the atrocious weather we had fun! …And I really needed some fun after one of my tyres blew up on the motorway on friday morning. Freaky and expensive – especially after visiting the tyre shop and being told they had to replace all four! That’ll teach me for not having my wheels aligned properly. Sigh…
Ava and I spent the day together on Saturday… we had a birthday party in the morning and then went and did the grocery shopping afterwards (it sounds tedious, I know – but Ava loves grocery shopping, and it was so nice to spend some special time with my gal!). On Saturday night we celebrated my Uncle’s 60th birthday and I really enjoyed catching up with my cousins, aunties and uncles, as well as so many extended family members that I haven’t seen in years – it was a real treat!
We ventured out to our local farmers market yesterday and it was so nice to be around all the hustle & bustle of eager stall holders and shoppers. There were many familiar faces and we found ourselves promising each other that we would make more of an effort to get there regularly.
It’s so much fun, too, to pick up a couple of things from the market and experiment with a new dish – and that’s just what we did for dinner last night – I threw some pasta on and tossed in a freshly made rocket pesto and a few chopped Italian sausages – all from the market – it was so YUMMY!!
I hope your weekend was really lovely… it always makes me feel so much better prepared for the week ahead when I have had an enjoyable and action-packed weekend.
Here’s my Lovely Links for the week…
- 10 simple things to make you happier at home (Apartment Therapy)
- A thorough and super-helpful post on parenting preschoolers (Simple Kids)
- I really loved this post on connecting with your neighbours (Pars Caeli)
- I don’t think you can ever praise your children too much (Alphamom)
- Always seeking new ways to get organised… this yearly file crate system seems super efficient! (Simple Mom)
Craft and activity ideas for the littles
- Make your own (very cool) pirate ship! (ikat bag)
- (Not just for) Summer Lunch Menu (Simple Homeschool)
- Encourage your littles to document their own lives (Life as Mom)
- DIY Sea Shell Frame (The Mother Huddle)
- Origami Fun – a round-up (Handmade Charlotte)
In the kitchen
- Tomato Tarte Tatin (La Tartine Gourmande)
- BLT Salad (The Sunny side up)
- Mmmm…. ginger muffins (Lottie + Doof)
- Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce (Say Yes to Hoboken)
- Roasted Apricot Cornmeal Shortcakes (Make and Takes)
- Take a photo tour of this most amazing craft room… I desperately want a space just like this! (Just Make Stuff)
- Make your own paper strip tray (Say yes to Hoboken)
- Make your own braided rug (A Beautiful Mess)
- Super Long Taper Candles (Oh Happy Day)
- Lovely packaging (Oh Hello Friend)
Wishing you a lovely week – full of happy adventures!