Man, that weekend went way too quickly, right?! This week is the last week of the holidays before Ava’s back at kindy – and I can’t believe how much we’ve got to try and fit into it!!!
I’ve got a great collection of lovely links this week… I hope you enjoy!! Oh… and apologies to all Southern Hemisphereans -I realise there are far too many mentions of Summer in this post – a bit mean really (!!) (particularly in the craft and activity ideas) but I promise that all of my links can be used in any season.
- How many summers do you have left with your children? (The Nester) (via Modern Parents Messy Kids) – makes it seem so much shorter when you think about it this way.
- Love this post about what it means to be a big family. Almost makes me want to have some more!! (Salsa Pie)
- “Intentionally, mindfully step out of your comfort zone and go for it. Show your kids that you are willing to do that and watch them do the same. Show them how to be risk takers. Demonstrate your boldness. Model the magic and see the charm work on them as well.” – Now, if that doesn’t inspire you to try something new, I don’t know what will!! I just love this post about stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new – I’m gonna make a list of 25 new things I want to try before the end of the year and post it on the blog this week – I challenge you to have a think about it and join me! (Amazingly Awake)
- The Tired Mother’s Creed – a gentle reminder as to what’s important. (Lisa-Jo Baker)
- Live above the details. So true. (Mama Scout)
Craft and Activity ideas for the littles
- Summer Fun Jars (pictured above) – this is such a cool idea, and the way Merrilee has created them – they are even great for pre-readers! (Mer Mag)
- Loved this idea for getting your children to pick up after themselves AND do chores as well!! (Just Another Day in Paradise)
- 5 Tips to Host a Fun Play Group – such a fun idea for the holidays – can’t wait to give it a go once Ava’s in school! (Alphamom)
- These DIY sewn journals are lovely – and don’t look too hard either. Also, I love any excuse to use my sewing machine – so pretty perfect!! (Dana Made It)
- A Mom with a Lesson Plan recently posted this interesting series about Chapter Books and Young Kids. It’s well worth a read if you’ve been wanting to start some longer books with your littles and wondering why and how to go about it. The posts: one, two, three, four, five
In the kitchen
- (Summer) Lunch Ideas (Life as Mom)
- Spicy BBQ Rub (Design Mom)
- 3 different recipes for avocado salad (A Beautiful Mess)
- Lobster rolls – oh yum! (Dinner: A love story)
- Super easy strawberry jam (Family Sponge)
- Melanie posted some amazing pictures of her local library (Seattle) and I have now added it to my travel wish list. (Inward Facing Girl)
- On my bucket list, to start my own Gourmet Club… this one is perfect inspiration (The Moonlit Nest)
- Following up on her round-up of girls’ bedrooms… here is a great round up of decorating ideas for boys by Lil Blue Boo
- Gilded Mini Clothespins (a quick DIY) (Creature Comforts)
- An amazingly thorough post on documenting your life (Twig Blog)
Wishing you a lovely week, full of adventure.