The London Olympics officially kick-off today! Are you excited? The girls have no clue about how eagerly anticipated the games are… but I am sure the next two weeks will change all that.
Last night, we had such fun each picking a random country to cheer on during the games. I’m going to make up a poster board so we can keep a medal tally for each of the countries we’ve picked as well as New Zealand and England. We’re looking forward to a little fun competition – I’ve got my money on Lola, who scored the USA!!
- DIY Olympic Gold Medals (Alphamom)
- There are some very cool customisable printables on this website… think bingo, medal tallies and board games! (Tinyme)
- Some great educational resources here (Kid World Citizen)
- Make an Olympic Ring Garland (Paging Supermom)
- Make a laurel wreath (Kids Activities Blog)
- Read all about London (Playful Learning)
- Olympic Team Flags (One Charming Party)
- Make an Olympic Torch (Little Passports)
- AMAZING Olympics Party (A Small Snippet)
- Some more great printables here, here, here and here (Fresh Picked Whimsy, Thirty Handmade Days, Jojoebi)
- And finally… this cute video by Leo Bridle … the alternative Olympic Torch relay!! (via Molly Moo)
Tell me, have you any plans to make the games more memorable?