You just don’t know how happy I am that Spring has arrived. As the weather steadily improves (pretend no rain is forecast this weekend!) I feel my heart get lighter… and my head happily runs through all the possibilities that bright, warm weather brings.
There are some fantastic seasonal bucket lists popping up all over the place (this one has me *almost* wishing we were heading into Autumn!), which got me all inspired to create one of my own…
A couple of notes…
- I’m going to go hunting through my Jamie Oliver cookbooks, because I’m pretty sure he has a nifty recipe for baking mini bread loaves in terracotta pots… I’m a little nervous, and wonder if you can go ahead and just use any terracotta pots from the garden centre. I am guessing yes, as they certainly don’t make culinary purpose terracotta pots… if you know the answer to this one, please let me know!!
- There are some great bird feeder ideas all over the internet… a couple of years ago, Ava and I made the easiest bird feeder of all by rolling a pinecone in peanut butter and then bird seed, and then hanging it with twine from a tree branch… I think we might try this birdseed garland this time though because it looks very pretty :-)
- Hunt for a Spring Rainbow … several ways you could interpret this one… I think we’ll try a rainbow colour scavenger hunt inspired by this post.
- Spring-inspired Farmers Market meal – I’m thinking asparagus, broad beans some fresh goat’s cheese – yummy!!
- My friend and I have been telling ourselves we’re going to give this DIY a go for over a year now – this is the season it’s going to happen I tell you!
- You can find some amazing Spring cupcake inspiration here.
I wonder, what are you looking forward to most about the upcoming season??!