I hope you’ve had a glorious weekend… I’m pretty sure this was the first weekend of Spring we’ve managed two days of sunshine in a row (although the rain is falling now!)
We were able to get into the garden this weekend and plant up a few veggies for us to munch on in the coming months (yay!)
What’s on my mind this week? Ava is taking her first school trip next Monday to the Auckland Art Gallery… so spotting a few art-related posts around the net had me thinking… Also as we are mere days away from November, I am, of course contemplating Christmas. We’ll have to get to the Christmas tree farm very soon and pick our tree… and November 1st also means that Barry tolerates us playing Christmas carols for the next two months straight!!
Apart from that, I have been contemplating slowing down again lately – becoming more intentional and really thinking of the reasons behind my decisions… I feel a D & M post brewing… but that’ll have to wait until later… for now, here are my lovely links for the week.
- The Sew-funky Kiwi Christmas Ornament Swap 2012 is on again. I took part last year and it was so awesome – I got to exercise my creative muscles and make a fun set of embroidery hoops (I only wish I’d made one for our tree too – something I will remedy this year!) and I received a wonderful collection of handmade ornaments for our Christmas Tree. If you’d love to receive some awesome ornaments, and get into a little Christmas craftiness, I can highly recommend the swap.
- A new series on Simple Kids: ‘Artists in Residence‘ will introduce readers to art concepts/artists and pieces of art and then suggest ways to discuss with your little ones.
- This is a sweet idea for DIY Christmas presents.
- We just wrote a list of family rules. Top of the list? We are kind. So Shawn’s post: 6 tips for raising kind children was (as always!) timely.
- This art project for little ones is striking: stained-glass inspired watercolour
- In my wildest dreams, I am surrounded by a never-ending conveyor belt of pumpkin-y desserts. Top of the list: Pumpkin Roulade with Ginger Buttercream
Wishing you a lovely week… full of happy adventures!