Today I wanted to bring you a little inspiration for Hawaiian Lei Day!! Hawaii is close to my heart: Barry and I honeymooned there. So when I was creating the Magical Days Calendar, I knew that this was one of the holidays that I wanted to celebrate with my family.
On wednesday, the girls and I will be making some leis, listening to some Hawaiian tunes, and having a tropical-inspired dinner. If you follow me on instagram, I’ll try to post updates to our adventures there.
I’ve collected a little inspiration below, there’s links underneath.
- Drink a Hula Hula Tropical Smoothie (Pineapple and Coconut)
- Dine on Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers (Martha Stewart)
- Don’t ya love vintage tourist posters?! (Hawaii National Park Poster) (Ranger Doug)
- Make your own DIY Hawaiian Leis (100 Layer Cake)
- Aloha (I can’t find the original source, please let me know if you have it…)
- Listen to Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole