As I write this post, I can see seven lonely socks on the arm of my couch… seven lonely socks that have lost their partners even though I’m pretty sure I have finally done all the laundry.
Please tell me I’m not the only one! I’m pretty sure it’s some sort of cosmic karma thing as my Mama still hassles me about all the socks I lost as a child… and now I get to be the one taunted by pairless socks!
So tomorrow, on the 9th of May, we get to pay homage to all the lost socks in our life because it is Lost Sock Memorial Day! This is one of the more bizarre days on the May Magical Days Calendar, but one that is pretty easy to have a little fun with… and is sure to get your family giggling!
Here’s some ideas for celebrating…
- Make a Giraffe Sock Puppet (Craft Jr) …
- A Sock Bunny (A Pumpkin and a Princess)
- … or a sock hobby horse would be awesome (Rad Megan)
- I think I’d like to give this super-cute Sausage Roller a go (Craft Schmaft)
- Fun! Sock Fish Magnet Game (Original Source Unknown)
- Your cat will love this sock fish (Martha Stewart)
- I kind of love these sock covered flower pots (Kiss My Tulle)
- … I kid you not… make a sock bun (Say Yes to Hoboken)
- If you are like me, and live in hope that you will one day find those lost socks, then you could always make yourself a Found Sock Frame (Delia Creates)